Lamu Island is a place where time has stood still. Here you can do nothing, just relax and read a book, listen to the birds, go for a stroll along the beach.
Enjoy a relaxing massage with our in-house masseuse using natural oils extracted from indigenous Kenyan trees and take a dhow trip to the Takwa ruins, former home to the people of Shela village.
You can snorkel on the coral reefs off Manda Toto island or catch fresh fish from a dhow, which your crew will grill for you on the beach, or enjoy any of the other activities below:
- Windsurf, kitesurf, bodysurf, sail and water ski.
- Walk along deserted beaches with extraordinary driftwood and sightings of dolphins offshore.
- Watch a local football match.
- Explore the narrow streets of Lamu town with its ancient fort, its wood carvers, juice bars and donkeys.
- Visit one of the lodges in Kipungani on the other side of the island.
- Discover the island’s history at the Lamu Museum.
- Visit the Lamu Donkey Sanctuary and the and the Lamu Animal Welfare Clinic